My Q9400 screams!

Alright guys, I totally underestimated this chip! Knowing that it only has 6MB of cache, I obliged with others that this chip wont perform adequately to my expectations! But I'm actually astounded and seriously, I know my eyes did not deceived me!

My Sims 3 gameplay performance had increased drastically, its finally silky smooth now but still a little bit of stuttering is noticable. Nevertheless, it definitely made the gameplay admirable!

Now for the biggest surprise. You'll never believe me. I just benched Crysis Demo and try to differentiate the difference. Just a little more you should take in consideration is that I run it under a HD 4770 (860,860) and 4GB 800Mhz (Allowing a 1:1 ratio in the FSB)



Thats right. A 11fps increase over the previous dual core overclocked @ 3.8Ghz! Proof?



I'm seriously blown away! I reckoned other peoples opinions on the 2 fast cores rather then 4 slow cores theory but this had already gave me a doubt on that. Plus, this is just the Demo, I heard that on the updated retail version it utilizes Quads even more so I'm expecting to see better performance.

Lastly, I did a test on DX10 and 64Bit, 1FPS loss only.
0 Responses

Post a Comment