My Sidewinder X8!

My mom and sister just came back from Singapore, they told me they loved the stay there. They bought loads of stuff, almost RM6,000 worth of clothes and a few miscellaneous. They called me yesterday to ask my dad how much is the budget for them to go shopping, my dad replied, a "limitless" budget. So alright they have the credit card, and girls, they go shopping like wild.

So I asked my sister to buy me a simple Razer mouse, maybe a Razer Salmosa or something. In the end, I guess she went to a lame china item selling shop like our Boulivard I.T Superstore (Maybe not), she bought me a Microsoft Sidewinder X8!



People reported that the size of the mouse is too big and so is the weight. Personally I have no problems with their doubts.



Side by side comparison between a oem Acer mouse and the Sidewinder X8. I'm a claw-grip user, and I can still use the claw-grip on this mouse. So to me, size is no problems if you have hands like mine.

Also most gamers are very skeptical on wireless mouse due to the latency and lag, but like most reviews and by personal experience, this is the first wireless gaming mouse without any latency at all meaning, no lag on a wireless mouse, extremely grateful for that!

On the other hand, having a battery recharger for any wireless peripheral is very essential. The Sidewinder X8 has a very unique dock where you can just round the wires around the dock, which you may see below,



To charge this mouse, all you have to do is hook up the cable on the bottom front side of the mouse.



I have to say this is very innovative for Microsoft to come up with a magnetic charge cable! Just put it in and its attracted to it, or in other words, sticked to it which allows you to play your games while charging, like this! How magnificent!



Microsoft has also come up with a new technology sensor called the "BlueTrack" sensor (See below)! This new technology holds up to 4000dpi (dots per inches also sensitivity) compared to other gaming mouses which goes around 1,800 and above, and also produces up to 13,000fps!



What I love about it is that well, its BLUE! I can look at it all day and it looks better than the ordinary red sensors! Next comes in the on-the-fly DPI buttons! As you can see above on the first picture, the 3 little square buttons on top of the mouse, going from top to bottom, I can change the DPI from 4,000 to 500 (Higher to lower sensitivity), depending on what I set it on the Control Panel. Now this allows me when I'm playing FPS games like Battlefield 2, I can switch to a low DPI when I'm sniping and a medium when on Rifle. I switch it to high whenever I'm flying a jet, helicopter or if I'm playing games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08!

The feel of this mouse is great! The only biggest downfall of this mouse is that its not very compatible with cloth mousepads (SERIOUSLY >_>) If I set the DPI or sensitivity to around 2,000, It will skip like 1 cm of the position I'm moving the mouse constantly. But don't worry I can play it on my desk as this mouse glides extremely smoothly.

Overall, I give this mouse a 9/10! Greatest wireless gaming mouse my sister bought for me! ;D
0 Responses

Post a Comment